weight loss tracker

About Me

My photo
Always designing & dieting

Monday, June 15, 2009

A dedication to my walking buddy

Last week we celebrated one year together. I cant believe we have had him for a whole year now! In his honor I am dedicating this blog post to my faithful walking buddy, my four legged turd burglar- my dog- Ziggy!!!!

Last year when we adopted little Ziggy I was at my heaviest- 196 pounds. He was actually one of my excuses to get in shape. Most people say there kids inspire them to get in shape- but I was inspired my little Schneigle. 

Back then I hated to exercise. Getting off the coach was a chore for me. When we adopted our little boy all that changes- we had to walk- or he would drive us CRAZY!!!! So we started walking a mile every night- that mile gradually increased to two or three miles a day. I soon realized I really enjoyed our nightly walks. Probably almost as much as he did. Walking was such a stress release, it was a great way to re-introduce exercise into my lifestyle. In a little less than a year I went from walking to running a 5k, playing on a soccer team and taking yoga classes. And I feel like I owe part of that to Ziggy.

To this day, when I don't feel like moving off that couch I look at him and know he needs it as much as I do...  and who can resist those little begging eyes???

Thank-you little Ziggy, you remind me every day to get moving! 

Enough blogging now- its time for his morning jaunt!

See you lighter!

P.S. 3 pounds down this week!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, what a cutie he is! And what a nice post.
    Congrats on the 3 pounds this week - that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable. That's great that you and Ziggy can get out there and play together :)

    - Sagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been thinking lately that if i kept a blog about losing weight/getting healthy i would be more likely to do it. i was just looking for weight loss type blogs and came across yours. your blog is so cute witht the glittery cherries on the side! and your dog is so cute too----look at that little waggly tale---he does look like he is ready to go for a long walk!

    ReplyDelete

I Shred with the Sisterhood!