weight loss tracker

About Me

My photo
Always designing & dieting

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 46: Sodium SUX!

I almost didn't go to today's WW meeting. I knew I gained and I REALLY didn't want to face the scale. Why is it that I will weigh myself on my own scale everyday- you cant keep me off it- but the scale at WW is so scary??? Especially since I didn't think last weeks behavior warranted a 2 pound gain. Maybe .5 or something but 2 pounds- how depressing!!

I decided to go- because I wanted to talk to my leader and try to get her advice. She thinks I am retaining water (that is why I feel so bloated). She suggested I lay off the frozen meals and other highly processed- high sodium foods. She also said I should be eating more fruits and veggies and more lean protein. 

I am glad I went, just so I have some direction for this week. However the first road block to the week was a BBQ over at @WeightDummy's. I have to give her major kudos for providing some healthier options- like veggies & baked chips and watermelon, and Nature's Own rolls. I brought my WW Key Lime Pie and some deviled eggs with light mayo. But social situations are my downfall. I have a really hard time controlling myself.

I think I did okay though I avoided alcohol and just sipped on my water bottle. I also tried to stick with the lighter stuff. The whole day I tried my best to stay away from Sodium- even though I gave in to some of the baked chips. All-in all I have to give myself a small pat on the back, because I practiced restraint- especially in the face of delicious CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES— which the Fiance ate at least 5 or 6 of in front of me.

I guess even though I wasn't perfect I've come along way- I was still able to enjoy myself and not feel intimidated by food! What a realization!

See ya lighter!

2 comments:

  1. Great job!
    Do you like salmon? It is the highest protein, lowest fat their is...and if you can bake it or BBQ it, even better!
    Why don't you try cooking veggies and portioning them in containers so they are readily available?
    I also used to prepare fruit so I just had to open the fridge and grab it...lazy overcomes a bad snack anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did great at the BBQ! You have come a long way and I think it's wonderful that you realize that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I Shred with the Sisterhood!