weight loss tracker

About Me

My photo
Always designing & dieting

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 62: I've discovered that

 if you put your food down (all the way on the plate), after each bite, you will eat so much slower! I tried this yesterday when we went to Subway. I ordered a 6in. and The fiance ordered a foot long sub (normally I can eat a foot long- no problem). I practiced my "put-down" method and was shocked that he actually finished before me. Normally i am done way before him and I end up chowing on his food. The method worked so well, that I tried it with pizza today. He got 2 slices, I got one. Worked again-He was done before me.  PLUS I end up getting full a lot quicker!

So I'm going to keep trying this method....

All-in-all I did well today. I am really trying to convince myself to do some shredding.... but I reeeeeeeally dont want to...... but I am have to..... even if its for only for 5 minutes.

A little nervous about tomorrow's dinner party. I am trying to rehearse the scenario in my mind. I have a feeling I will end up having a few drinks and all hell will break loose and I'll start consuming calories at an obscene rate. Pray for me!

Oh the scale showed some movement- 166.8 today!

So... I'll see you lighter on Day 61!

3 comments:

  1. That put-down exercise is one of my hardest challenges! Sometimes I feel like my fork is welded to my hand. I'm so so used to eating fast, and it is one of the toughest habits to break. Good for you for eating that slow sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat like a hoover vacuum, fast and efficient! I have been doing the put down the fork and really chew thing, it helps. I find it also helps me if I distract myself while I eat (I eat alone most of the time) with paying bills, reading a magazine or playing on the computer.

    You're doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna give the "put down" method a try. I am famous for inhaling my food! Good luck at the dinner party. Those can be tricky. One piece of advise I've been given is to strategically place yourself away from the snacks/drinks.... If you are not right besides the temptations, it is a little easier not to over indulge!

    ReplyDelete

I Shred with the Sisterhood!